Fund Manager
Contact Us

Re: company acquisitions

[ Q2 00 - Q2 01 Archive ] [ Current Message Board ] [ Archives ] [ Search ]

Posted by Mark on February 15, 2001 at 22:01:55:

In Reply to: company acquisitions posted by Steve Walters on February 15, 2001 at 17:46:43:

: Hi Mark,
: I am holding stock in a company which will be bought by another company in the
: near future. Once the transaction takes place the share differential will be
: taken care of by applying a split to my existing stock. Do I just need to
: change the stock name/symbol in order to retain my cost basis data, or is
: there something else I would need to do?

: Thanks,
: Steve

Hi Steve,
That's all you would need to do. Just record the split, and then
go into "Investment Properties..." and update the name/symbol.

Mark Beiley

Fund Manager for Windows 3.1x/95/98/NT

Replies: | Search | Site Map | About Us | Privacy Policy