Fund Manager
Contact Us

Re: Charitable Contribution of Shares

[ Q2 00 - Q2 01 Archive ] [ Current Message Board ] [ Archives ] [ Search ]

Posted by Mark on December 19, 2000 at 21:24:45:

In Reply to: Charitable Contribution of Shares posted by David D on December 18, 2000 at 09:34:35:

: As you know, one can contribute appreciated shares and get an immediate deduction for
: the full current value of the appreciated shares thus avoiding capital gains altogether.

: How do I capture this transaction? i.e. how do I capture a redemption. Shall I enter the
: redemption price as the same as the purchase price plus commisions, i.e. force it,
: or is there another way?

: Thanks,
: David

Hi David,
You could record it as you suggest, equal to your cost basis. There is
no special provision for such a situation.

Mark Beiley

Fund Manager for Windows 3.1x/95/98/NT

Replies: | Search | Site Map | About Us | Privacy Policy