Fund Manager
Contact Us

Charitable Contribution of Shares

[ Q2 00 - Q2 01 Archive ] [ Current Message Board ] [ Archives ] [ Search ]

Posted by David D on December 18, 2000 at 09:34:35:

As you know, one can contribute appreciated shares and get an immediate deduction for
the full current value of the appreciated shares thus avoiding capital gains altogether.

How do I capture this transaction? i.e. how do I capture a redemption. Shall I enter the
redemption price as the same as the purchase price plus commisions, i.e. force it,
or is there another way?


Replies: | Search | Site Map | About Us | Privacy Policy