Transferring Fund Manager To A New Computer
Follow these steps to transfer your Fund Manager data to a new
- From your old computer open your portfolio and ensure all your
data is stored in a single folder by using "File / File Operations /
Set Data Location..."
- From your old computer make a backup
using "File / Backup..."
- Download and run the installation program on
your new computer
- Copy the backup file (*.FMB) from step #2 to your new computer,
and use "File / Restore..." to select this file for restore
- In the "Restore" dialog that comes up, choose the option to
"Restore Everything in Backup"
- Choose to restore to a
"Specified Folder" and "Browse..." to select a folder.
A good location is "Libraries \ Documents \ My Documents \ Fund
- Choose the "Open Restored Portfolio" option
- Press the "Restore" button to perform the restore
If you are using a version of Fund Manager that is earlier than 12.0,
see the old version instructions.