Fund Manager
Contact Us

Re: Mergers

[ Q3 01 - Q1 03 Archive ] [ Current Message Board ] [ Archives ] [ Search ]

Posted by Jerome Cohen on May 20, 2002 at 13:16:54:

In Reply to: Re: Mergers posted by Mark on May 11, 2002 at 18:41:30:

: : Compaq was bought out by HP. I need to show that as well as the payout I got for a partial share. What is the right way? I did it on 3Com/Palm and on Cabletron/Enterasys/Riverstone as sales and purchases, but I had to pay the taxman becuase I did.

: Hi Greg,

: You can convert your Compaq shares to HP by recording a split for the
: appropriate amount (I'm not sure what this was...). For partial shares
: that you receive payment for, record this as a sell.

: Then, just change the name/symbol under "Investment Properties...".

: Thanks,
: Mark
: --

Hello Greg,
Here's how I recorded the conversion.
1. Access Edit/Split and record a reverse split of 0.6325 to 1.
2. Access Reports/Investment_Transactions while making sure your end
date is after the day of the split.
3. Under the heading "Share Balance," note the new share balance.
4. Record a sale for the fractional share, at the rate of $17.457 per

Replies: | Search | Site Map | About Us | Privacy Policy