Fund Manager
Contact Us

Re: Fixed Funds

[ Q3 01 - Q1 03 Archive ] [ Current Message Board ] [ Archives ] [ Search ]

Posted by Mark on January 19, 2002 at 15:04:24:

In Reply to: Fixed Funds posted by Gary Trimmier on January 19, 2002 at 09:47:48:

: Mark - I have a Fixed Fund in which the share quanity does not vary. How would I record a Dividend distribution that is reinvested in the fund without increasing the amount of shares? My custodian records the distribution as reinvested buying x amount of shares, then does a reverse split only on the quanity of new shares in effect negating the increase in share count.
: Thanks again.

Hi Gary,
You can record it the same way in FM. A reverse split or 'recombination'
can be recorded by doing a split with a ratio less than 1.

Mark Beiley

Fund Manager, portfolio management software for Windows 95/98/ME/NT/00/XP

Replies: | Search | Site Map | About Us | Privacy Policy