Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Set Date Range & Price Scale simultaneously

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager graphs.

Postby Ivan » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:01 pm

Mark,

It's great to be able to set a Date Range and have it hold as I move through all my investments and also to be able to do the same with Price Scale. But it appears to be impossible to set both at the same time. When I set one to apply to all investments the setting for the other is lost. Am I doing something wrong or is this a good future enhancement request? To be specific so you can test, I am using the Volume/High/Low graph and trying to set Date Range to Earliest Price to Date with Recalculate Pre-Defined Range for Each Investment and Price Scale to Apply Relative Min/Max for all Investments. I'm using the Personal Edition, latest version.

Thanks,
Ivan
Ivan

Postby Mark » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:38 am

Hi Ivan,

These settings are both retained, but it may not be working as you're expecting. The scale option to "Apply Relative Min/Max To All Open Investments" is based on only the "Starting" value of each investment. It is not looking at the value range over the whole graph period. Since you have a variable starting date (Earliest Price), the relative percentage is calculated for different dates for each investment. With those options, you should see the same relative percentages for the starting value of each graph.

For the documentation on this scale feature, please see:

https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/help/dlg_scale.html

I suspect you're really wanting the "Use Largest Relative Min/Max For All Investments" scale option, which will set the relative min/max to the same percentages for all investments, but Fund Manager determines this % by finding the largest min/max of all investments, and applying those percentages to all investments.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Graphs