Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Cash account is always wrong

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Ilikemybu » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:58 am

Hi Mark,

I download transactions (both Fidelity and TDAmeritrade), I reconcile with broker, and it seems every few weeks the reconcile finds mismatches almost every time in my Cash sweep acount. Transactions are definately downloading, but it seems it is always off, anywhere from a few cents, to several dollars. I have even seen where equity positions are way off, + and -, where a purchase or sell was missed, even though I download transactions at least everty week.

Any ideas?

Dave
Ilikemybu

Postby Mark » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:48 pm

Hi Dave,

Are you missing any transactions, or are they recorded incorrectly? You want to make sure everything is recorded as it is with your broker. You can look at all your transactions in the Data Register, and try to understand why a balance is off. The balance of any particular investment is simply the sum of all prior recorded transactions, so if the balance is off, one or more transactions are wrong/missing.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Ilikemybu » Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:17 pm

I guess that's the issue, there must be some transactions that get missed, even though I download regularly. Strange that it seems to occur regularly, but typically only for small amounts.
Ilikemybu

Return to Prices and Transactions