Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

CSV settings on export

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby Vandring » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:44 am

How can I update the CSV settings on export? I want to use a comma as delimiter instead of semi-colon, and I don't want to use quotes. But I cannot find where to update the settings.
Vandring

Postby Mark » Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:21 am

Hi Vandring,

Are you asking about exporting transactions with the "File / Export / Transactions / Generic..." command? If so, in that dialog, you can type in any "Export Format" that you want. That control can either be typed into, or you can select one of the most recent format strings from the drop-down. If you want a new one, just type what you want.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Vandring » Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:00 am

I'm referring the the "Export to CSV" command when you right-click on a report, e.g. Capital Gains Report.
Vandring

Postby Mark » Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:34 am

Hi Vandring,

When using that command all the fields are enclosed in double quotes, and separated by commas. This is a CSV format. Double quotes are required around any field that contains a comma, as to keep these commas separate from the field delimiters. FM just puts double quotes around all fields. If you want, you could open it in Excel, and re-save it in their CSV format, which only puts double quotes around fields that contain commas.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports