Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Report Calculations

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby AssetHound » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:03 am

IF(Distdist_btw<Projected_annualincome ,Projected_annualincome/OOPbasis_end*100 ,Distdist_btw/OOPbasis_end*100 )

The above formula gives me calculations in my report sub-totals. I have, however, some investments that paid distributions this year but have been sold -- which I didn't want in my current holdings report. I also get a bad number from the above calculation since the basis number is often less than zero. I'd like to eliminate these from my current holdings report.

If I add another IF statement to the above, I lose my sub-total calculations. I also can't seem to figure out how to eliminate these investments from my report. Any alternatives?

Thanks.
AssetHound

Postby Mark » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:38 pm

Hi AssetHound,

I’m out of the office this week, so will respond next week. Sorry for the delay.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:36 am

Hi AssetHound,

If you have some investments in your report that have been sold, and you don't want to see them, you can hide them, or turn on the report option:

Options / Report Preferences... / General / Investment Display / Do Not Display Investments with Zero Share Balance = On Ending Report Date
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby AssetHound » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:14 pm

Got it. I don't have that preference under my options menu. I have to run the report, then right click for report preferences to find it. Regardless, I found it and it works like I needed it to work.

Great software! Thanks.
AssetHound

Return to Reports