Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

UESP Transaction Retrieve Throwing Error 2

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby B2B_Investing » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:58 am

Hi Mark,

There seems to be an issue with retrieving transactions from UESP that started earlier this week. I get the following error:

Post HttpSendRequest
System error code:2

When I manually login to the UESP portal I noticed the site now uses two-factor authentication. While that should not affect the above, I wonder if they made multiple security changes and something else is affecting the retrieve. I did just update FM from .5 to .6 and that did not resolve the issue (Thanks for fixing the start date error through!)

Thanks again for a great product!

Jason
Last edited by B2B_Investing on Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
B2B_Investing

Postby Mark » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:32 am

Hi Jason,

It appears that interface is no longer available. If you go to the UESP website, and look for instructions to retrieve with Quicken, what interface name do they suggest to use? Is it maybe "my529 - UESP"? That interface is currently not working in Quicken either.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby B2B_Investing » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:34 am

So I am not sure I am tracking Mark. (apologies for the typo before) Are you saying that UESP discontinued OFX access without notice? For a top five (by assets) directly-sold 529 plan, that's a little disconcerting. I was unable to contact technical support Monday but will try today.

Is there any chance this is a repeat of what happened with Schwab as part of a larger industry trend?
B2B_Investing

Postby Mark » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:34 pm

Hi Jason,

We've just released an update to address this. Please use "Help / FM on the Web / Check for Updates..." to get transaction module 243, and let me know if this doesn't resolve the problem.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby B2B_Investing » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:47 am

Hi Mark,

Thank you! That did indeed permit transactions to be retrieved.

I also received an error dialogue as well but lost it when logging into the message board. (It was a CONN error with a long error number string) If it happens again, I will let you know.

Thanks again!

Jason
B2B_Investing

Postby chuck24 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:13 pm

Hi, Is Utah ESP still functional? I tried to add it using Fund Manager 2024 (Quote module 595 / Transaction: 267) but got a Server Name or address could not be resolved when retrieving transactions?
Winlnet error code: 12007

Thank you.
chuck24

Postby Mark » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:45 pm

Hi chuck24,

I see the same problem. I also don't see any such interface available in Quicken anymore either. We may need to remove this from our list. Do you have a website available for your UESP account, where you could go and look for instructions on how to retrieve your account info into Quicken?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby chuck24 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:50 am

Hi Mark,

You're correct, from what I see UESP (my529.org) doesn't appear to support Quicken anymore.
I figured since it was in the list there was a workaround to pull it into Fund Manager, but guess not.

Thank you for checking that for us.
- Chuck
chuck24

Postby Mark » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:30 am

Hi Chuck,

Okay, thanks for the help/confirmation. We'll remove this interface.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions