Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Transaction retrieval problem at Schwab

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby tommydom » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:09 am

I too ran into the problem downloading Schwab transactions this morning. I looked at the Schwab site and found that back in April they issued a press release talking about the implementation of FDX as a standard for access. (https://pressroom.aboutschwab.com/press ... fault.aspx)

I did some further research on Schwab's web site and found reference to the FDX consortium web site, and it is a fee based membership: https://financialdataexchange.org/FDX/M ... bc8f6a153c

They state on a "client only" web page that 70% of their OFX traffic is covered by three (3) other institutions, so I am not too sure that Schwab will be turning this off.

Tommy.
tommydom

Postby Mark » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:29 am

Thanks for the information Tommy. We have applied for FDX access and are awaiting approval from Schwab. After that, we'll need to implement the new FDX interface.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Good_Vibe » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:41 am

Mark & Fund Manager Users:
Great work motivating Schwab to fix the OFX (a.k.a., now ODX) problem. Working with Schwab's technical staff can be nightmarish. However, they have some real wizards; just a challenge to get through to them. By the way, just tested transaction receive again (10/20/20 at 12:41 PM EST) and still get the failure.
THANKS, Phil
Good_Vibe

Postby Mark » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:47 am

Hi Phil,

This will take some time to get fixed. We will post updates here as we learn more. As of now, we're waiting for approval to get access to the FDX interface with Schwab. My guess at this point is that it will be anywhere between 2 to 6 weeks before functionality can be restored to the point where you can retrieve transactions from Schwab again.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby tommydom » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:19 am

Thank you very much, Mark!!!

Mark wrote:Thanks for the information Tommy. We have applied for FDX access and are awaiting approval from Schwab. After that, we'll need to implement the new FDX interface.
tommydom

Postby Good_Vibe » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:29 am

Mark:
Just talked with Schwab technical (1:28 PM EST, 10/20/20) and they continue to claim the only "FIX" is for you to call (800) 433-9196. Please press forward since it appears you are the only one they will respond too.
Thanks, Phil
Good_Vibe

Postby B2B_Investing » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:54 pm

I just talked with Schwab technical support. Last Thursday and Friday they locked down OFX to only permit Quicken and Turbotax (and maybe a third?) company to access the service. I know it's not your fault Mark. I appreciate why Schwab is doing this but, I must say this is frustrating though.

Jason
B2B_Investing

Postby dlevy » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:42 pm

Mark wrote:
This will take some time to get fixed. We will post updates here as we learn more. As of now, we're waiting for approval to get access to the FDX interface with Schwab. My guess at this point is that it will be anywhere between 2 to 6 weeks before functionality can be restored to the point where you can retrieve transactions from Schwab again.

If it would be useful at any point to have some users to test things, I'd be happy to volunteer.

David
dlevy

Postby Mark » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:56 am

Okay, thanks for the offer.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby theobaldr » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:49 pm

Everyone with Schwab should note, this issue also effects the ability to reconcile. Ray
theobaldr

Postby Good_Vibe » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:58 pm

OK Mark:
Another manager from Schwab's technical support group just called to follow up on the OFX problem. Sounds like more dodging responsibility, BUT they claim you must logon to the "Developer.schwab.com" WEB site, register, then request something that sounds like a technical partnership with Schwab.

The last person I spoke with ("Frankie") CLAIMS that Schwab sent E-Mails (or some type of notification) in January 2020 that Schwab planned to disable OFX on October 16, 2020. They were unable to verify that anyone at Beilie or Fund Manager was ever contacted.

At any rate, there is a major breakdown between Fund Manager and Schwab. NO BLAMING ANYBODY. Let's just get this working smoothly. Neither Fund Manager or Schwab are indispensable.

Sincerely, Phil
Good_Vibe

Postby Mark » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:01 pm

Thanks to everyone for their help. We are in contact with Schwab, and working towards a solution, hopefully sooner than later. I'll update this topic as we learn more.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:18 pm

We have developed a plan in conjunction with Schwab to restore the transaction retrieve and reconcile features. Changes will be required from both Fund Manager and Schwab. We have released the necessary changes in transaction module 241. Transaction module 241 is now available by using "Help / FM on the Web / Check for Updates...". Once the changes are implemented on Schwab's end, functionality should be restored. Our hope is that this will happen by early next week.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Clark » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:14 pm

Thanks for the help Mark.

Clark
Clark

Postby dbender54 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:54 pm

Adding my voice/concern to this issue as well. Hoping for a resolution more quickly than was initially indicated in the earlier thread.
dbender54

PreviousNext

Return to Prices and Transactions