Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Move individual investments around in a sub portfolio view

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Duce1147 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:25 pm

Can you move individual investments around in a sub portfolio view? For example, I have a cash account that is in the middle of my list of investments. I want this and another investment at the bottom of the view. Thank you for your insight.

AAPL
Cash
FEYE
TSLA

To:
APPL
FEYE
TSLA
Cash
Duce1147

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:30 pm

Hi Duce1147,

The list view of the Portfolio Editor can be sorted by any displayed column, and you can choose which columns to display. See "View / List Columns..." or right mouse click on the list view header and choose "Customize...".

Notice one of the column headers will be displaying a sort arrow. You can click on any column header to sort the list by data in that column. Click it again to toggle ascending/descending.

You cannot however order the list items arbitrarily, they are only listed in whatever sort order is currently set. You can however list investments in any specified order in a Report. In a report if you list by investment, and sort the report by investment stack (order), you can manipulate the stack order however you want. See "Investments / Order..." from within the report window.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Duce1147 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:38 pm

Ok, thank you.
Duce1147

Postby Duce1147 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:18 pm

FWIW,
A work around, that I found to order the list items arbitrarily is to numerically or alphabetically list them under the Description section of Investment Properties. Then enable and order the Description feature in the Customize area of the column header to sort the list they way one needs.
Duce1147

Return to General