Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Dividend per Share.

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby aviator » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:05 am

Hi Mark,

Is there a quick and easy way to see historical dividend per share (amount) for a given security in the portfolio editor? I can see the total amount but what I'm really looking for is the amount per share paid as a dividend. Thanks in advance.
aviator

Postby Mark » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:42 am

Hi Aviator,

You can't get this in the Portfolio Editor. (I don't think you can get the total amount either?) You can get the total distribution (either value or per/share) in a Custom report though.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby aviator » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:06 pm

Mark wrote: I don't think you can get the total amount either?

Not sure I understand your question. I've always relied on the Dividend Reinvestment type for the total amount. In the example below, the highlighed field is the type Dividend Reinvestment. Isn't that amount the total dividend paid?

May I suggest that the Distribution Transaction box (which appears by double clicking on a Dividend or Dividend Reinvestment transaction in the Data Register) also display the $/share on a distribution type of Dividend (perhaps all distribution types?).

DividendAmount.jpg
DividendAmount.jpg (13.46 KiB) Viewed 1690 times
aviator

Postby Mark » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:57 pm

Hi Aviator,

That is the "Data Register". I initially understood you were asking about the Portfolio Editor. Yes, in the Data Register you can see the "Dist./Share" amount if you change the "Data Type" to "Distributions". It won't show under "All Transactions", but it will under "Distributions", or any of the specific types of distributions.

Thanks for the idea/feedback.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby aviator » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:52 am

Yes, sorry, I initially started with the Portfolio Editor and switched to the Data Register. Thanks for the tip for changing the data type to Distribution to see Dist/Share. It's exactly what I need.
aviator

Return to General