Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

missing DAT file

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby rupertpage » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:57 am

Hi Mark

I have just discovered a stock holding has gone missing from one of my sub portfolios.

I can find the associated cash transactions in the cash account of the portfolio but the stock that the cash purchased is missing.

When I search for the underlying DAT. file I can see that it exists in the Fund Manager folder but it has 0 KB. So basically empty.

I can probably recreate the history using the cash records but I dont understand why this should have happened ?

Ripert
rupertpage

Postby Mark » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:56 am

Hi Rupert,

Did you try turning on "View / Hidden Investments/Portfolios" and using the Find tool? If it got closed somehow, it would be difficult for me to say how, without you being able to reproduce the issue.

If the investment really is closed, and can't just be re-opened from disk, you might be able to restore it from a backup made before this issue happened. See "Options / General Preferences... / Data" for the location of your automatic backups. Use "File / Restore..." and pick one based on date. Look through the list of investments in that backup, and select just that one investment to restore.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General