Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

include 'normal' bank account

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Erik » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:31 am

Hi,

I would like to include a 'normal' bank account in a separate sub-portfolio (not related to shares, just cash), so I could see the total value on any given date (and include that in reports).

Is there a way to do that by a generic import (csv)? I tried several approaches with different 'TRAN' values, but I can't seem to find a way where it simply sums-up the price-column (ANUM) to a total amount..

Thanks & regards,

Erik
Erik

Postby Mark » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:25 am

Hi Erik,

Yes, you can do this, and you can use the generic import to populate transactions. The key with tracking a cash investment is to keep all prices at 1. All closing prices, and all transaction prices should be 1. Use the shares for the value of the transaction. So, if you deposited $100 into your cash account, record a buy of 100 shares at a price of 1.

For the generic transaction import's BUY and SELL transactions keep ANUM at 1, as that is the price. BNUM is the shares, so that is where you would enter your shares (which would also be the value since the price is 1).
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Erik » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:08 am

Got it Mark, thank you!
Erik

Return to General