Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Installing Fund Manager - dis.dat file - Parallels

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby portaferry » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:15 pm

Hello,

I have run Fund Manager for many years 20+ with very few issues. "Recently" ... probably about 15 years with Parallels. I have had to start from scratch due to issue with my iMac and the Fund Manager installation stalls generating message "error opening file for writing: \Fund Manager\Samples\dis.dat

This was Personal version ... I tried Pro version with same result, ...

The retry button does not activate nor the skip this file button.

I appreciate Parallels not supported but wonder if anything comes to mind to resolve, ...

Thanks
portaferry

Postby Mark » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:46 am

Hello portaferry,

The installation program installs some sample data files, and it sounds like this is failing due to a permission issue most likely. If you look in the location that it mentions, do you already have a file with that name there? Maybe these files have permissions such that they can't be overwritten? Unless you've been storing your data files in the Samples folder it should be okay to just delete that whole folder, and then re-install.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby portaferry » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:11 am

Hi Mark,

Thank you for that. I was going to try again and a realised I had not put my license code into Windows 10, ... (its a long time since I have done a fresh Parallels install) on doing so Fund Manager installed in the manner expected. :oops:
portaferry

Return to General