Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Alphabetical listing

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Mary Kennedy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:31 am

I am sorry to bother you with this very small question but my holdings are always listed in what appears to be random order. I'm pretty sure they used to always be alphabetical but I can't find a switch that will make them become alphabetical again.
Mary Kennedy

Postby Mark » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:58 am

Hi Mary Kennedy,

By default, reports list in "Investment Stack" order. You can sort the investment stack manually, or automatically. To sort it alphabetically, use "Investments / Sort By / Name". To see how your report is being sorted, look at the top level "Sort" menu. Use "File / Save Portfolio" after sorting the investment stack, so it is memorized like this.

You could also tell the report to sort by investment by choosing that option from the Sort menu.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby rm_organ » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:37 pm

Is there a way to manually order my holdings in the portfolio editor? I'd like to match them up to my brokerage statement which is neither truly alpha order nor is it by symbol order.
rm_organ

Postby Mark » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:27 am

Hi rm_organ,

You can't directly order them, but you can sort by any displayed field by clicking on that column's header. You could use one of the Custom investment property fields to assign an order number to every investment, and then sort the list view by this field.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General