Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Old subportfolio delete

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby alpappy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:44 pm

HI If i delete an old unused portfolio will FM still keep all the divedends etc earned from when the portfolio was active ie if I need for tax records from say 5 years ago will those transactions be able to be reported on
thanks
alan
alpappy

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:53 am

Hi alan,

The short answer is "no". Instead of "closing" an old sub-portfolio, you should hide it instead. Go to the properties of that sub-portfolio, and turn on the "hidden" attribute.

All your transactions are stored in your investment files, and those will still be on your hard drive, and you could open them up again, but you would have to remember which investment files they were. A sub-portfolio remembers what investments belong in that sub-portfolio, so by closing it, you are also closing all the investments in that sub-portfolio.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby alpappy » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:04 pm

Thanks so if is hidden and I do a report that covers transaction s in that portfolio say for tax will income etc be in the report or do I need to unhide it to get the data included
thanks
alan
alpappy

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:04 pm

Hi alan,

It depends on the specific report, but the Capital Gains report will show all taxable gains, whether hidden or not for the requested report period. For a much greater explanation of using hidden investments/sub-portfolios, please see our tutorial on hiding investments.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby alpappy » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:17 pm

Thanks Mark that works for me Is there no way I can activate all the pre set alerts for all or a batch of stocks Just seems very time consuming to do one at a time?
alan
alpappy

Postby Mark » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:55 pm

Hi alan,

Sorry, there is no feature currently to set alerts automatically on a group of investments. It must be done one investment at a time.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby alpappy » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:22 pm

I would also like to set alert up as well as down as the markets are very poppy and I use big rise as a sell trigger
would be great to set alert as any up or down say 5% in a day
alan
alpappy

Postby Mark » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:10 pm

Okay, thanks for the feedback.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General