Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Minor but Meaningful Changes.

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby aviator » Sun May 12, 2019 12:54 pm

I know this is really nit-picky... thanks for listening.

The word Close has a special meaning within FM, as in Closing investment or portfolios. May I suggest a change in the wording of the option presented to a user after Appy is pressed following investment property changes? See attached screenshot. Seeing the word Close makes me think twice before exiting that box, thinking I might be actually closing that investment. I don't want to be conditioned to accept Close as meaning anything than closing an investment.
Attachments
InvestmentProperties.jpg
InvestmentProperties.jpg (5.9 KiB) Viewed 1830 times
aviator

Postby Mark » Mon May 13, 2019 8:27 am

Hi aviator,

Thanks for the feedback. I can see your point. The Close/OK/Apply/Cancel buttons are fairly windows standard for property sheets, so I'm not sure we should change that verbiage.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby aviator » Mon May 13, 2019 11:44 am

Mark, one more request please:

Please enlarge the portfolio properties box. The specific problem I'm having has to do with default cash accounts. The drop-down box concatenates symbol and description. The combined length of symbol and description is too long for the box available, which truncates the right-most part of the account name. Further, the portfolio properties box isn't re-sizable, forcing me to guess at which account I need.

Here's more clarity. I use the following convention for naming my cash accounts: Brokerage name + Investment description + a unique code to distinguish identical investments in different accounts. All of this fits comfortably within the 45 character limit (or so) for descriptions.

But when the portfolio property screen drops down the default cash accounts, the symbol added to the beginning makes the description unusable (based on my naming convention). Making the box bigger or resizable seems like the most sensible thing to do.
aviator

Postby Mark » Mon May 13, 2019 2:39 pm

Hi aviator,

Okay, thanks for the feedback. One work-around for now... You could go to "Options / General Preferences... / Display / Investment Description" and you can choose how the investment name is formatted, so you could pick just "Name" if you don't want to have the symbol shown at the beginning.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Feedback