Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Account that is closed or you no longer manage

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby reddragon » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:32 am

How do you end an account in fund manager? You are no longer feeing account nor managing so no need to give them performance or Invoice. Do you just stop importing data at quarter end?

Thanks Jon
reddragon

Postby Mark » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:13 am

Hi Jon,

It is sort of up to you... You have several options:

1) You could close their sub-portfolios/investments, and delete their client name from the client list. This completely removes their accounts/history. The downside is if you ever wanted to look back and include their holdings, they are not in your database anymore.

2) You can hide their sub-portfolios. Turn on the hidden attribute in the properties of the sub-portfolio.

3) You can disable transaction retrieve for these accounts, or if they are imported you could modify the account numbers, so they don't import.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby reddragon » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:30 am

If I just froze account do not add any more imports this will keep the history of past returns for master portfolio and it would not add any more returns going forward to master portfolio or would it? I guess I want to know how it effects Master portfolio returns going forward and in the past if I stop downloading data. Why would I want to get rid of imports?
reddragon

Postby Mark » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:36 am

Hi reddragon,

Any data you have in these sub-portfolios will affect the top level sub-portfolio returns, only when those returns cover a period where you have some positive value in these closed accounts.

On option #3 I was trying to say that if your import files going forward still contained transactions for these accounts, and you didn't want to update them anymore, you could change the account numbers, so those would be skipped. More likely, those accounts won't be available to you going forward, so you wouldn't see new transactions anyway.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby reddragon » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:47 am

Roger! Got it Thanks
reddragon

Postby reddragon » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:30 am

Keeping the Data in these accounts up to the point I stopped managing them. How does this effect the return of the master portfolio moving forward?
reddragon

Postby Mark » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:36 am

Hi reddragon,

If an account has a non-zero value within a yield term being calculated, it will affect the return of any sub-portfolios it is included inside. If this is the case and you don't want it included, put it in a separate hierarchy, something like:

Code: Select all
- Master Portfolio
  - Active Clients
    - Client 1
    - Client 2
  - Inactive Clients
    - Client 3
    - Client 4
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby reddragon » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:48 am

Can you direct me to were I can read up on this at? Thanks
reddragon

Postby Mark » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:45 pm

Hi rwddragon,

You can read all about yields here:

https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/help/yields.html

If you want to read about managing and organizing your sub-portfolios, see the Portfolio Editor tutorial here:

https://youtu.be/1GUCo0Hua90
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General