Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Exclude Investments?

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby larryw » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:43 pm

I have 3 Investment in a performance report but I'd like to only have the report include 2 of these. Is this possible in Personal?
larryw

Postby Mark » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:46 pm

Yes. You can either turn on a report filter or set up another sub-portfolio with only those 2 investments. An investment can be located in multiple sub-portfolios.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby larryw » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:32 pm

More detail may be in order. I have 4 investments - Fidelity, Morgan, and 2 Wells. I have the 2 Wells in a sub folder. All are under "All Investments" in portfolio editor. Mostly I use a graph for All investments but break down my reports by Wells and then All. I want the reports to show only Morgan and Wells sub-folder, excluding the Fidelity.

The problem I had with creating a sub-folder that included only Morgan and Wells sub-folder is that my reports and graph now include those in the totals and details.

Was your sub-folder idea to create a new subfolder and Move Morgan and Wells into that rather create a subfolder and just copy?

I also couldn't figure out how to exclude the Fidelity from reports and leave everything else as is.

Thanks.
larryw

Postby Mark » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:44 pm

Hi larryw,

Option 1: Report filter. In the Report Settings dialog, press "Filter..." and choose "Filter by Symbol" and "Exclude selected item", and the symbol of your Fidelity investment.

Option 2: Sub-portfolio. I think you have this now:

Code: Select all
All Investments
  Inv Fidelity
  Inv Morgan
  Sub Wells
    Inv Wells1
    Inv Wells2

You can create another sub-portfolio "My Special Case" and copy the desired investments into there. Do this in the Portfolio Editor.

Code: Select all
Master Portfolio
  All Investments
    Inv Fidelity
    Inv Morgan
    Sub Wells
      Inv Wells1
      Inv Wells2
  My Special Case
    Inv Morgan
    Inv Wells1
    Inv Wells2

If you want to put the whole "Wells" sub-portfolio in there, use link sub-portfolios, where you would place a link in the new "My Special Case", and link it over to your original Wells sub. See the tutorial on using sub-portfolios for this case.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby larryw » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:38 pm

Thanks Mark. That helped a lot.
larryw

Postby larryw » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:14 am

I set up the accounts under the tier arrangement and one odd thing happened.

When I went to retrieve transactions for one account via the TRN the date range that showed up before retrieving was 1/1/19 - 2/9/19. I went ahead and clicked ok thinking only the last week's activity would show in the confirmation screen as I had ignore already added checked but it appeared all transactions were retrieved as I saw some 2018 and 2017 dates. I cancelled and then tried again using a beginning date range for what I believe was the last time I retrieved transactions and only one showed up with a correct date.

Does moving the account into a new subfolder cause FM to loose last transaction activity?

edit. By the way I re-tried retrieving and it correctly showed no transactions to import. Is it possible I accidentally selected All Accounts and that's why all the dates or does moving cause FM issues with retrieving after the first move to a new subfolder?
larryw

Postby Mark » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:26 am

Hi larryw,

The "last retrieved" date is memorized for each sub-portfolio, so if you change the sub-portfolio you're retrieving, the default date that comes up in the dialog can be different.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby larryw » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:35 am

Thank you.
larryw

Return to Reports