Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Do Not Display Investments with Zero Share Balance

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby cbenenax » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:00 pm

Why might the investment SPH appear in the report below? You can see that it has a zero share balance (last shares were sold in Februrary, report is for June 13) and I have set the preferences to not display investments with zero balances over the entire range (although I get the same result if I just specify the end date). I have lots of other investments with zero shares and they are correctly hidden.

ScreenHunter_169 Jun. 13 15.50.jpg
ScreenHunter_169 Jun. 13 15.50.jpg (139.71 KiB) Viewed 3002 times
cbenenax

Postby Mark » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:25 pm

Hi cbenenax,

If you look at the share balance in the bottom/right of the Data Register does it show you own 0.000000 shares, or maybe there is some small fractional share remaining? You must own 0 shares, out to 6 decimal places to be considered 0 shares.

If you do own some small shares, you can turn up the share digit display to see which transaction(s) are responsible in the Data Register. See "Options / Preferences... / Display".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby jmariush » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:16 am

Having same problem. No shares at all, set report to not display, but still displays.
jmariush

Postby Mark » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:26 am

Hi jmariush,

1) Make sure "View / Hidden Investments/Portfolios" is not checked.

2) Turn up your share digits to 6, and make sure you have 0.000000 shares owned over the entire report date range, or just on the ending report date if it is a report that doesn't have a starting date, like Portfolio Value. You can also look in the Data Register where it shows "Share balance" at the bottom of the list.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby jmariush » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:24 am

Hi Mark,
I did what you suggested and it did not solve the problem. Where do I find the Data Register?
Thanks,
John
jmariush

Postby Mark » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:26 am

Hi John,

The Data Register can be accessed in quite a few ways, it is a central part of Fund Manager. One way you can always get there is from the menu command "Edit / All Data...". If you are already in a report that is listing by investment, if you just left mouse click on an investment, that investment will open in the Data Register. If you haven't used the Data Register before, you might want to watch our Data Register Tutorial.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports