Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Problem viewing valuations with mixed currency portfolios

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Exspextations » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:13 am

The my base currency is GBP, but I have two mixed currency portfolios each of which has a EUR sub-portfolio and a GBP sub-portfolio. However they behave differently when viewed with the 'Exchange Rate Adjusted' option is selected and deselected.

With ERA option deselected, one portfolio shows the GBP sub-portfolio valuation in GBP and the EUR sub-portfolio valuation in EUR - when ERA is selected both valuations are shown in GBP based on the current exchange rate. However, the second portfolio with ERA deselected shows the EUR sub-portfolio valuation in EUR, but while the GBP sub-portfolio shows NA across the board in the Portfolio Editor screen. When ERA is selected both valuations are shown in GBP.

I presume that this is not the way the program is supposed to behave and is caused by an incorrect setting somewhere, but I have been unable to resolve this. Any suggestions would be appreciated
Exspextations

Postby Mark » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:27 am

Hi Exspextations,

It sounds like in the problematic GBP sub-portfolio you have one or more investments not assigned to the same GBP as all your other investments in that sub. When ERA is off if all the investments are not in the same currency, you will get NA for totals. Try this:

1) Make sure you only have one currency labelled GBP under "Options / Currency Settings..."

2) Run a Custom report showing "Currency", and list by Investment. Turn on "View / Hidden Investments/Portfolios" so you can see all investments, both hidden and not. See if any investment is not GBP.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Exspextations » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:13 am

Hi Mar,

Problem solved - one of the hidden investments was assigned the wrong currency.

Thanks
Exspextations

Return to General