Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Importing Transactions from e*TRADE

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby elliots » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:00 am

Mark,

I have been working with TradeMonster/OptionsHouse for some time and doing generic imports. Over the weekend all accounts were moved to e*TRADE (e*TRADE bought out OptionsHouse) with new account numbers. I have looked at the accounts on the web in e*Trade and all appears to be OK.

I have tried to import transactions from e*TRADE in one test sub-portfolio. I have changed the account number to the new number and setup the retrieve parameters. Two investments have recent transactions (2 dividends and a sale -- they show up on the e*TRADE website and are not in FM) and I've tried the e*TRADE transaction import over the appropriate date range. I get the screen showing that a request has been made and then I get a screen showing no transactions (and no error message). I have checked the investments in this sub-portfolio and there is no CUSIP, but there is a standard symbol in "properties." I then tried the reconciliation routine (retrieve from broker) and it appears to have worked properly -- it correctly showed the sold investment still in FM but not in the Statement, also the cash account was out of balance -- all others were in balance.

I'm on FM Advisor version 2016.14.15.100, quote module 517 and transaction module 226.

Suggestions on getting the transactions?

Elliot
Last edited by elliots on Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
elliots

Postby Mark » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:10 am

Hi Elliot,

Since you're not getting an error message, it may be that their OFX server doesn't have these recent transactions yet. You could take a look in the "xmldump.txt" log file, and see what data they are sending down. Sometimes there is a delay, depending on the broker, before posted transactions make it to the OFX feed. How long ago were these transactions?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby elliots » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:31 am

Mark,

Where will I find the XMLDUMP.TXT file? I did a download of transactions from the e*TRADE web site (attached) and it shows the transactions. ("other" stuff position import). The ones I'm looking for are the 8/1, 8/2, and divs in July.
Attachments
DownloadTxnHistory.csv
(1.84 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
elliots

Postby Mark » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:35 am

Hi Elliot,

The xmldump.txt log file will be located here:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Fund Manager

The "AppData" folder is hidden, so make sure to turn on the display of hidden files/folders.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby elliots » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:09 am

Found the file (attached -- I edited out the account number) and don't see any transactions. Shouldn't the 7/1 transactions show? Could be that since the transactions were executed at a different broker they don't show up (?), but they di show up on the e*TRADE download. I'm going to do a transaction in that account right now and see what happens (but you say there could be a delay anyway).
Attachments
xmldump_Mod.txt
(7.04 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
elliots

Postby Mark » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:18 am

Hi Elliot,

I can confirm there are no transactions being downloaded. They would be in the "INVTRANLIST" section. It is likely because the account was recently moved. The OFX system may be separate from the system generating the transactions shown on their web site. Hopefully new transactions executed on the etrade platform will start showing up. You can either wait/see, or you might give etrade a call.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby elliots » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:03 am

Mark,
Bought something yesterday, imported today in good order. Everything looks good.

Thanks,

Elliot
elliots

Return to Prices and Transactions