Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Retirement Planning Report

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby marshg246 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:53 am

I would like a report or graph that uses the current 1, 3, 5, and 10yr gains to extrapolate a portfolio over the next several years. This would be helpful in determining if enough is being saved by some goal date.
marshg246

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:40 am

Hi marshg246,

Okay, thanks for the feedback/idea. One think you can do now is use a "trendline" in a graph, like a Portfolio Value graph. First extend the graph date range into the future, and maybe adjust the vertical scale so you have room to draw the trendline into the future. To draw a trendline, hold down Ctrl and Shift and left mouse click where you want it to start. Hold down the mouse, and move the cursor until the trendline ends where you want, then let go of the mouse button.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby marshg246 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:02 pm

Mark,

That's helpful, but doesn't really get me where I want to go because it doesn't take into account the 1, 3, 5 ,10 year returns you already calculate. I currently do it in Excel but transferring the needed data to get setup is a pain. To give you a better idea. I've worked for a long time to get my dividends to exceed my Social Security which without anything terrible happening means working is not required. I've done that by studying the returns and potential returns of all my stocks and funds and carefully redistributing. Fund Manager has been a great help and I'm sure you know I've used it for a long time.

Yes, I know it's outside managing and getting into speculating.

It's not a big deal - just something I think people would find helpful and something I know I would.

Greg...
marshg246

Postby Mark » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:55 am

Hi Greg,

Okay, thanks for the feedback/ideas.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Feedback