Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Version 10?

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby 4Profits » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:57 am

Mark,

I have just installed the latest version of FM pro and realized that it has been a while since a new release not a maintenance release has been introduced. I have been using FM for at least 10 years and have come to depend on it . Over the years I have made several suggestions some of which have made the program in one form or another. Many of the industrial programs I use have had upgrades to their user interface over the years and one feature that I find useful is a type of tool tip. I know that as you move the cursor the data for that day appears on the lower left of the screen. It would be nice if the data appeared in a tool tip at the cursor location. Same is true for an alert line. When you place the cursor on the line it could give you the type and value, or on a note marker just click and display the note. Another item that would be helpful is being able to color code your alerts: yellow for a warning and red for an e-mail and an action.
I would like to have more fields in the properties box. Under "General" you have Type, but only allow for 20 entries. Maybe you could add industry field and a misc and increase all of your fields to 50 or 100 entries. I tried editing the registry to increase these fields, no avail. For graphs it would be helpful to overlay any selection on a graph for example Price, Cost, 30 and 60 day moving averages as well as alerts and trend lines. Finally put out a feature list that you are considering by category (Trends, Reports, Data entry ...) and e-mail to your user list so they could respond, this would give you a good idea on where to expend your resources.
Thanks,
Jim
4Profits

Postby Mark » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:02 am

Hi Jim,

Thanks for taking the time to send in feedback, this does help. A couple of these suggestions have been incorporated into v10 we're working on now.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Feedback