Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

some questions ...

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby mkappa74 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:25 am

I re-post a tread of several time ago, and I hope some ideas will be applied for next version:
- multiple selection: can I select 2 or more investment and apply some changes? i.e.: server retrieve, hidden status, or so on...
- please add some customizable category else ... I think that only two (inv. goal and assett allocation) are too poor to describe investments, especially for mutual funds (I'm interested in adding some info from mornignstar or other information site). I'd prefer 4 category with 10 items per category instead of 2 category with 25 items... This could be more flexible
- finally, but more important: I don't understand why investment file contains investment transaction too
I think it could be better to have a unique file with investment-specific data (price, characteristics and soon) that cannot change between portfoloio, and I store portfolio-specific data (transaction and so on) in specific portfolio.
In this way I can link the same investment info to more portofolios (like prices, assett etc. ), and each of them could contain several transaction. And I have more controlo of investment. Or not?

Many thanks.
mkappa74

Postby Mark » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:10 am

Hi mkappa74,

Thanks much for taking the time/effort to submit this feedback, it does help us.

The only way to apply property changes to multiple investments at once is in the Advisor version using "Edit / Symbol List...". You can apply properties to all investments with the same symbol.

I agree it would be good to have the ability to specify security specific information one time, and have it apply to all investments of the same security. You can do this now in the Advisor version with the "Symbol List..." editor, but we could expand this concept to pricing. Currently, when you retrieve prices, all investments with the same symbol get updated the same, but it is possible to change the pricing for one investment manually, and not others of the same symbol. Maybe we can have an option to enforce keeping the pricing the same for all investments with the same symbol. I don't think most people care how this information is stored on disk, or what files it is kept in, but the ability to know that all investments with symbol ABC have the same pricing data would be useful.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Feedback