Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Slow Processing Speed - FM Not Responding

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby Bosox13 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:03 am

The FM program has been really slow to respond to any 'clicks' made. Is there something that I can check with the file to prevent further 'not responding' at the top border? (ie like Quicken has some functions that let you 'sanitize file' etc to help speed it up.)
Any ideas would be helpful

Thank you
Bosox13

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:03 pm

Hi Bosox13,

No, there really isn't anything like that. When is it slow? Always, or when you're doing something specific, or randomly? When it is slow, if you look at your Task Manager, and sort the tasks by CPU usage, is something on your computer using a lot of CPU?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Bosox13 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:37 am

it locks up with 'not responding' when i click on a certain sub portfolio (Charles Schwab).....however, i am able to click on other schwab sub portfolios without it locking up

should i try a new file with only that portfoilio? would you download the transactions and start new inv files - or import existing dat inv files into new portfolio file?

thank you
Bosox13

Postby Bosox13 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:28 am

ok...i think i figured it out....i have onedrive, and i guess onedrive was locked up - bc once i restarted it, it is doing ok......do you have any particular guidelines for onedrive ?

thank you mark
Bosox13

Postby Mark » Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:00 pm

Hi Bosox13,

Glad you figured it out... I don't have any special instructions for OneDrive. In general it should be fine, but it does add another program trying to read the same data files as Fund Manager. If it continues to be an issue you might try storing your data files on the C: drive (that isn't part of OneDrive's local folder), and see if that helps. You can move all your data files easily with "File / File Operations / Set Data Location...".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Djobydjoba » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:51 pm

Hi,

There is a setting in OneDrive, "Files On-Demand". Maybe it could cause the freezes and you could try to turn it off.
Djobydjoba

Return to Feedback