Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Keep selected current Data Type in Data Register

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby Djobydjoba » Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:37 am

Hi Mark,

In my setup, in General Preferences > 'Other' tab, 'Initial Data Type in Data Register" is set to 'All Transactions' and 'Action When Double Clicking An Investment in Portfolio Editor' is set to 'Data Register'.

I open the Data Register of an investment. So it opens in the 'All Transactions' section.
I select the 'Prices' section of the Data Register because I want now to see the prices.
I keep the Data Register window open, and now I double-click on another investment in the Portfolio Editor. Or, I click on an other investment from a report.
The result here is that the Data Register is now back to the 'All Transactions' section for this other investment.

But in this case where the Data Register window is already open and another investment is selected from outside the Data Register (Portfolio Editor, Report...) to display its data, the Data Register could stay in the section the user was, instead of going back to the default section defined in the General Preferences.
That would be I think handier to review a particular data type for several investments, selected one after the other from the Portfolio Editor or from a report.
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:50 am

Hi Djobydjoba,

Good point, I understand. Thanks for the feedback.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Djobydjoba » Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:43 am

Thanks for having implemented that in the new version.
I like too the possibility now to open several Data Register, it is useful in some situations.
But when another Data Register is open it is most of the time to compare the same Data Type with the other Data Register.
So it would be useful here too that, when a new Data Register is open in addition to one or more existing, it opens on the same Data Type that the existing Data Register (or the last used one, if there are already 2 or more DR).
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:43 am

Hi Djobydjoba,

Good point, that would make better sense...
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Feedback