Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Alerts

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby 4Profits » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:23 am

Mark,
It has been a while since I sent in a suggestion for a new feature, but with the movement of the markets I have been getting a lot of alerts triggered. Many time they trigger and clear in the same day or even hour. Would it be possible to put a check box on your alert form to allow it to auto reset if the alert condition clears. I use alerts a lot on options and this would be a handy tool.
Also would it be possible to display all currently active alerts in a list form. Many of my alerts don't require immediate attention like buy to limits so when they are triggered it would be nice to quickly display them.

Thanks,
Jim
4Profits

Postby Mark » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:54 am

Hi Jim,

Which type of alert are you thinking about? The one where it crosses a fixed price? I'm assuming if this is the case, you'd like to see the renewed alert at the same percentage above/below as when you originally set it?

You can see all the active alerts in an Investment Transaction report. In that report, you can filter what is shown, so you can only show "Active Alerts".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby 4Profits » Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:21 am

Mark,
Thanks for the info on the report. that looks like it will do what I want.

As for the auto reset. Say I have a fixed alert at say $55 that is my buy to limit and the stock is trading at $59. When it drops to $55 it would trigger an alert but an hour or even a day later It crosses back above $55 the alert would reset so if in anther x Time it would trigger again if it drops below $55. This would only happen if I have the auto Reset box checked. This should be available for cross above a fixed point or below a fixed point.
Thanks, Jim
4Profits

Postby Mark » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:55 am

Hi Jim,

Makes sense, thanks for the idea/clarification.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Feedback