Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Custom Investment Properties

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby 4Profits » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:25 am

Mark,
Not sure how difficult this would be to implement and it might seem petty but as you use these properties it would be nice to group them as to their usage. However once you have a hundred or so assigned it is a pain to go in and edit each one, I know since I have done this several times so that is why I make this suggestion.
In your form where you can assign names would it be possible to add and up and down box to move the order like you have in the category Labels.

thanks
Jim
4Profits

Postby Mark » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:46 am

Hi Jim,

Where would you like to control their display order? Are you asking specifically about the display order in the dialog box, or in some report?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby 4Profits » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:41 pm

You could arrange the order that they are displayed when you select options | custom investment properties. On the popup window add a move up and down button when you select a field. This would control the display order for when you select and investment | Properties | Custom. Just like when you change the order of Asset Type or sector when use the edit labels and then the move up or down buttons to modify the position in the list.
Not sure about the reports, If they are custom reports then I would assume that you can put them in any order you want. But to be honest I have only used custom reports a few times and each time It takes a while on how to make them and I have never been able to edit one.
Jim
4Profits

Postby Mark » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:35 pm

Hi Jim,

Okay, understood, thanks for the feedback.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Feedback