Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

capital gains reports & report sorts in general

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby investor » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:39 am

HI Mark - it would be helpful if there were sort options in the capital gains report i.e. sorting by asset separately with subtotals. Also, to add "currency" as a sub-total option for the other standard report types.

Thanks for considering this.

Chris
investor

Postby Mark » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:53 pm

Thanks for the feedback Chris, this is helpful to hear. You can sort the capital gains report now, using the top level "Sort" menu. It sounds like you'd like to see the ability to 'sub-total' this report though, which you can't do currently.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby pg888 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:43 am

Mark/everyone

I am evaluating this software (Professional) at the moment. I have done a really thorough lot of research, and I believe that at its price this is the best software available. (But it could be better - see below.)

Please can you tell me how to sort the Capital Gains report by transaction date (so as to generate a chronological report of all trades).

At the moment the report sorts by investment name, though on the screenshots on the website the report shows investments not in alphabetical order (not sure how that was achieved).

A great future enhancement (and not too hard to program I'd bet) would be to allow any report to be exported to Excel/CSV for further analysis.

Thanks in advance.
pg888

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:03 am

Hi pg888,

Thanks for trying out Fund Manager. You can sort the Capital Gains report by any displayed column, including "Sold Date". Just select the top level "Sort" menu while viewing the Capital Gains report, and pick the column you want to sort by. Also notice there is an "Inverse Sort" option, so you can control whether sorting is done in an ascending or descending manner.

Also, the Capital Gains report only shows transactions that generated a capital gains entry (where you sold something). If you want to see a list of all transactions see the "Investment Transactions" report.

You can export to Excel, see:
http://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/faq_export_excel.php
In our next major release we plan to allow exporting directly to a CSV file, to make this even easier.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby pg888 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:44 pm

That's great - thanks!
pg888

Return to Feedback