Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

TWR yield terms requests

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby Djobydjoba » Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:51 am

Hi Mark,

I hope you are doing well.

I have requests regarding TWR yields (by order of importance for me):

1) In addition to months and years, be able to set yield terms in weeks in the General Preferences > Yields tab.
And in days too, if possible, it would be even more versatile.

2) Add two additional Yield Term "slots" in the General Preferences > Yields tab (probably of optional use, for those who would not need it).

3) Be able to display TWR yields as columns in the Portfolio Editor.

Justification:
1- Short term (a few days) TWR yields are super useful to identify that something is happening right now in a market, i.e. a rise or fall of prices since a few days. A strong short term TWR yield are the signal that something is going on (a momentum / acceleration).

So be able to display the TWR yield of the last few days (1 week, and two 2 weeks for example) is very needed.
1 month TWR yield is far too long and does not allow for a quick detection of a market acceleration.

Currently I use a custom report to monitor short term TWR yields, but I would want to use the dedicated Time-Weighted Return report instead: the yield terms are displayed nicely in the column headers (that is not the case in the Custom report), the report opens quickly, it's more straightforward...

2- Eight yield terms slots would permit to display all the range of terms often used (from short to long term) without having to make compromises, without having to change the terms in the General Preferences because there is not enough choices. Indeed, ideally I would like a report that displays the 9 yield terms below, so 8 terms would not be too much (but would be enough):
1 week / 2 weeks / 1 month / 3 months / 6 months / 1 year / 3 years / 5 years / 10 years

3- Be able to display some TWR yields as columns in the Portfolio Editor would be handy, it would avoid to always have to open the report. Again, short TWR yields are IMO one of the most necessary numbers to monitor for dynamic investors / traders.

Thanks!
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:16 pm

Hi Djobydjoba,

Thanks for the ideas/feedback. Makes sense...
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Feedback