Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Investments "disappeared" after update to 2020p11

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby pm76tn » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:07 am

Dears,

I have updated to the latest version available to my Personal Licence (2020p11) and I find myself with a bunch of investments which have simply disappeared.

Curious thing is that they all belong to the same sub-portfolio where I do only track investments in ETF's quoted at the Milan stock exchange and another strange thing is that some of these investments (again: all ETF's quotes at the Milan stock exchange) do still show up with their history (and ALL of these investments get their prices

The remaining sub-porfolios do not seem to have lost any tracked investments.

Any idea?

Your help would be much appreciated as actually I rely only on Fund Manager to track my investments and now I have basically lost the last 6-7 years of tracked investments

Regards
pm76tn

Postby Mark » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:53 am

Hi pm76tn,

If you're still seeing their prices get retrieved, it sounds like they are still open, and just probably hidden or not being displayed for some reason. Try turning on "View / Hidden Investments/Portfolios" and see if you see everything then?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby pm76tn » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:20 am

Hi Mark,

thanks for your feedback.

I was abroad on a business trip and could try just today your suggestion ---> it did not work.

Actually I am sure I did not change ANYTHING if not updating my license to the latest version.

I really do not know what to do...as said I lost some 70% of my investment datas (manually recorded transactions) and the datas still there are exactly like the ones which disappeared (ETF's quoted at Milan Stock exchange, manually recorded transactions, price retrieve via Financial Times)

All works still perfectly....for the investments which did not disappear...

Any help/suggestion would be much appreciated....I don' even want to think about having to re-enter manually years of investments...

Thanks
pm76tn

Postby pm76tn » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:54 am

UPDATE

I have been able to open and restore a portfolio I had saved early 2020 (my bad that I had not saved anything after that...lesson learned...)

ALL investments are there
retrieve works fine

clearly I will have to re-enter manually almost 2 years of transactions....

honestly I still have NO clue why updating to the latest version caused this mess...
pm76tn

Postby Mark » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:13 pm

Hello pm76tn,

Fund Manager makes automatic backups for you. Did you try and restore from one of those? See "Options / General Preferences... / Data" for the location of where your backup files will be located. By default it is in "My Documents \ Fund Manager \ autoback". If you have a recent *.FMB backup file, just use "File / Restore..." and restore from a recent one, before any problems started. It is always a good idea to do a "File / Backup..." first, so you can always get back to where you started, in case you don't like what was restored.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby pm76tn » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:36 am

thanks for this Mark

my bad that I did not check for that by myself....

anyway:
-the auto backups of Oct 2021 were either incomplete or gave some errors when restoring
-the latest auto backup of Sep 2021 seems to work just fine and to be complete

thanks for your support, much appreciated
pm76tn

Return to Feedback