Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Graphs and technical analysis tools

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby Richard L » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:09 pm

Hi,

Wondering if there is any plan to add more technical analysis instruments ? Particularly thinking of pivot points which would be a great add (daily, weekly, monthly).

Also is there a way to have the Technical Analysis graph to open automatically when I click on an investment ?
To give more context usually my screen is split in 2 with my portfolio on top and my graph at the bottom so I would like to have my graph to auto switch to the investment I am selecting whether than right click>graph as>technical analysis

Thanks again for the great software and amazing support!

Richard
Richard L

Postby Mark » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:05 am

Hi Richard,

We're always open to ideas/suggestions about what features to add. We can consider pivot points.

There is an option:

Options / General Preferences... / Other / Action When Double Clicking As Investment in Portfolio Editor

that may help you here. You can set that to "Graph", instead of the default of "Data Register" if you prefer. This way, if you double click an investment, it will open in the existing graph window if it exists, or create a new one. If the existing graph window is already set to the graph type of Technical Analysis, then that is how this investment will be displayed.

If you prefer to not change this option, you could also use the right mouse click and just "Graph", which is easier than "Graph As / Technical Analysis". If the graph window is already on Technical Analysis, this will keep it the same.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Richard L » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:58 pm

Hi Mark,

Wonderful, thanks a lot for the prompt reply!

Richard
Richard L

Return to Feedback