Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Linux Version

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby pjschurz » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:21 pm

I have been using Fund Manager for well over 10 years and have been very pleased. I am in the process of moving all my applications to a Linux based system (Ubuntu). Is there a possibility you will release a version of Fund Manager to run on Linux? It seems more and more people are migrating to Linux operating systems.

Jim
pjschurz

Postby Mark » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:10 pm

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the feedback. At the current time there are no plans for a Linux version of Fund Manager.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby taxpayer » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:16 pm

I am a linux user who is trying out Fund Manager, using Wine under Mepis 8.0. It seems to work fairly well, tho some things are a bit awkward. For example I cannot always see the "help", nor the tutorial. But this isn't a big problem, as these things are viewable on the Fund Manager web site.

I had never used Wine nor Fund Manager before, and frankly I am finding it a bit difficult to become comfortable with them. But as Jim is an experienced and satisfied Fund Manager user, I hope he'll try it under Wine.

btw, I have made an extensive search for linux porffolio management software, and I couldn't find anything useful. I've been using an old DOS program,which I bought in the '80s. It works surprisingly well (using linux dosbox), but of course is totally unsupported and lacks modern features. I don't mind paying for linux software that does what I need, but there is just nothing available.
taxpayer

Return to Feedback