Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Rebalance by Investment

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby matteopeo » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:17 am

Hi Mark and team,

I was wondering whether it would be possible to consider adding the option of reporting rebalance by investment. I have a portfolio of 8 ETFs and I keep the allocation consistent among them. Each ETF might have a variable % of different large-mid-small caps, or geographical or sector allocation according to changes in their index, but all I care about is the relative allocation into each ETF.

It's not rocket science to do it manually of course, but if it could be added as an option in PM it would be great.

Cheers
matteopeo

Postby Mark » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:35 am

Hi matteopeo,

This is a feature now, but limited to the Advisor version. In that version you can create a model sub-portfolio containing the investments you want, in the desired percentages. When you run a Rebalance report you can define an allocation target that picks what model portfolio you want to compare against. You can also define model portfolios for each sub-portfolio, so each client can have a different model to rebalance against.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby matteopeo » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:55 am

Hi Mark,

I see. At first I thought it would be just a one-step upgrade and might have considered it.. After realizing that the Advisor version is the top one, I'll have to keep relying on my good old spreadsheet.. And hope that one day you open up the option to us, simple buy-and-holders.. :D

Thanks for the quick reply,

Cheers,

Matteo
matteopeo

Postby drdegroff » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:18 am

That's disappointing that the reallocation feature is only available in Advisor edition. As a pro user, I know I would be willing to pay something extra for this feature alone; but, the jump to advisor is just too much for the size of my portfolio.
drdegroff

Postby Ddanielww » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:37 pm

You can do this without the advisor version.

Add a custom field called investment percentage etc.

Add to each investment.

Create a custom report that conmpare the custom field to the current allocation.
Ddanielww

Return to Feedback