Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Void/Unvoid.

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby aviator » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:33 pm

Hi Mark,

It would be very helpful to have a void key so a transaction can be voided without having to delete it. The voided transaction would have no effect on the portfolio, it only exists as a reminder of sorts.

Here's a real life example of why it would be helpful: When I transfer cash out of my brokerage account, two transactions get downloaded -- one to sell shares (to generate the cash) and one that actually transfers the cash out of the brokerage account into, say, a checking or savings account. The latter gets downloaded in the form of a journal entry which, if left as-is, will result in double posting. This is in no way a fault of FM, it's just the way my brokerage chooses to handle. The only way to get rid of the journal entry transaction is to delete it. My preference is to keep it, but in a voided state, where it has no effect on the portfolio. Conversely, if the transaction is un-voided, then it should behave just as it does today.

Also, is there any way to incorporate the currency symbol changes into the Preview Importing Transactions Screen? See attached for lack of symbols in aforementioned screen.

As usual, thanks for listening.

NoCurrencySymbols.jpg
NoCurrencySymbols.jpg (13.23 KiB) Viewed 1292 times
aviator

Postby Mark » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:32 am

Hi aviator,

Understood, I can see those being useful.

We'll see about getting the ability to add the currency labels in that dialog added into a maintenance release.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Feedback