Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

2020 BETA Bug and Initial Thoughts

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby marshg246 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:33 pm

Installation was quick and smooth as always. Opened in PORTFOLIO COST - VALUE-H just like when I last closed it. However, the vertical range was $1000 capped at the correct top number and the horizontal range started in 2003, not 1/1/99 as it should have been. After the initial scare, it was easy to correct. However, when I closed and opened it, it was wrong again but this time $13000 and 2009. So, after fixing I tried a Close Portfolio under File then it was OK when I closed and opened. And, I can makes changes, closed the program and reopen and the changes stay as before. So, somehow I needed on manual Portfolio Close.

I was excited about the first bullet in the list of changes. I opened the report and it had only a header and footer. Took a while to figure out that I will have a lot of work to do to get the expected income. I had hoped that expected would be based on history. The actual version is useful so that's good. One of my few post here was asking for what I thought I was getting - my fault for reading into what your wrote. :)

Still, as always, one of my favorite programs/tools.
marshg246

Postby Mark » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:11 am

Hi marshg246,

Thanks for trying out the beta. I'm not able to reproduce any issue with the X axis being recalled properly. The date range for graph windows saved with the portfolio is memorized as part of your portfolio, so if you use "File / Save Portfolio" after making any changes you want remembered that should remember them. If you're able to reproduce a problem, please try to give me some steps to reproduce it here.

Yes, the "expected" income does require a fair bit of work, entering this information.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby marshg246 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:31 pm

I'm embarrassed to say that I got distracted and didn't do the built-in backup or the data directory copy I meant to do so there's no way for me to reproduce. I already said the steps. No big deal - just keep it in your back pocket if someone gets stuck on the same thing.
marshg246

Return to Feedback