Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Reconciliation minor request

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby Djobydjoba » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:52 am

Hi Mark,

Each month I manually reconcile an account because monthly account fees are applied (share withdraws for each of my holdings).

The broker doesn't provide the detail for the withdraws, I only see each month that the share balance of my investments have changed in the broker statement.

So I make a subtraction between FM and the statement to find the number of shares that have been withdrawn, and then record the account fee transactions in Fund Manager.

Really minor request: in the Reconciliation Wizard I would find handy to right clic an investment > "Copy share number in the clipboard", in order to help the subtraction task. So copies and pastes could be made in the calculator, instead of having to type manually the figures.

Edit: or better, maybe FM could handle itself the calculation of the share difference with the broker statement, without having to use a calculator? Perhaps, when manually reconciling, the column "Statement" could be activated for manual data entry, and the difference displayed in the Difference column? Then the difference could be copy in the clipboard in order to paste it in a new transaction if necessary.
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:55 am

Hi Djobydjoba,

Understood, thanks for the idea/feedback. I can see being able to copy the share quantity being useful.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Feedback