Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Preview Importing Transactions Box.

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby aviator » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:31 am

Hi Mark,

I humbly submit the following suggestions to improve the Preview Importing Transactions screen:

1) Add a "Finish Later" option. Often, I need to check an account before deciding whether to import certain transactions. Currently, my only options are to finish, cancel or go back one screen. I ask that the Finish Later option allow me to come back to the Preview Importing Transactions screen at a later point in time, displaying transactions that were flagged for finish later.

2) No matter what I do, the Preview Importing Transaction screen size reverts to its default size. Problem is the default size truncates important information (like portfolio name), forcing me to drag the box to a larger size each time I download transactions. Can this be fixed to memorize the last used window size?

Thanks for listening.
aviator

Postby Mark » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:40 pm

Hi aviator,

1) Another option you could use is to right mouse click on the transaction in question, and use "Edit All Data..." to open up the Data Register for that investment. You can look at anything in the Data Register while that Preview Importing Transactions dialog is open.

2) Yes, that is possible, and I agree would be a good improvement.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby aviator » Sat May 18, 2019 6:08 am

Hi Mark,

Regarding option 1 above, when I right click on the transaction, my "Edit All Data..." is grayed out (meaning un-clickable).

Right now, I have two downloaded transactions sitting in the Preview Importing Transactions box that are questionable. When I right click on one, and select Transaction Details...(because Edit All Data... is grayed out), the Importing Transaction Details contains a wealth of good information. However, in my case, the right-most part of the Hierarchy is truncated and the box isn't re-sizable. Sorry for sounding like a broken record, but it's frustrating to know that information is there but not visible.

Regarding the hierarchy, the most useful information is on the right side which is currently truncated (because it tells me where, deep in my sub-portfolio, this transaction belongs). The left side, which is visible, is of low value because it merely displays the parent accounts. Please make these boxes re-sizable.

Thanks for listening.
aviator

Postby Mark » Sat May 18, 2019 7:33 am

Hi aviator,

Thanks for the feedback.

If the transaction is for a "New" investment, then it wouldn't be available in the Data Register (Edit All Data...) yet. You can see if this is a new investment in the right-most column of the Preview dialog, or also in the Importing Transaction Details dialog under "Investment / New:".

That hierarchy information in the Importing Transaction Details dialog is scrollable, as is often the case in dialogs where the field can be very long. Put your cursor in the text, and then use the mouse, arrow or end keys to move the caret to the end, scrolling the text into view.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby aviator » Sat May 18, 2019 8:07 am

Hi Mark,

Mine isn't scrollable. Just to be clear, we're talking about selecting Transaction Details... by right clicking on a downloaded transaction (which are viewed on the Preview Importing Transactions screen.

When I right click, I'm presented with the Importing Transaction Details screen. At the bottom, under Sub-portfolio is a field called Hierarchy. It's this one that truncates the right most part of the hierarchy (for me, the part that's needed most) and isn't scroll-able.

Thanks.
aviator

Postby Mark » Sat May 18, 2019 8:10 am

Hi aviator,

Yes, we are talking about the same field. Did you try clicking on the text? It is actually a read-only edit control, where you can put the cursor in there, and move it with either the mouse or keyboard, so you can scroll the text in place. There is no traditional "scrollbar", but if you click in there, you can scroll any of the text into view.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby aviator » Sat May 18, 2019 8:17 am

Got it, thank you. That works. It wasn't working previously because I clicked within the field and tried to use the scroll wheel to see the rest of it. Thanks for your help.
aviator

Return to Feedback