Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Top wishes

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby Djobydjoba » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:46 am

Hi Mark,

These last months I have made quite a few requests/suggestions on this forum on various areas of Fund Manager, and now I want to let you know what are the very top 2 or 3 requests that would be the most beneficial for my own work with the program. This is from my own perspective, I guess anyone can express its own requests in the same way.

#1 - "User-adjustable date ranges assignable to user-adjustable keyboard shortcuts"
(see: viewtopic.php?p=18061#p18061)

Practically, the ability to define several (10 or more) custom date ranges (in days, weeks, months, years, earliest prices to date...) and to assign each of them to the 0-9 keys of the numeric keypad.

This would be a big boost of efficiency when browsing through the graphs. Date ranges are like zooming/unzooming on a graph, so any defined date range could be selected very quickly with one key press on the numeric keypad, while browsing through the investment stack with the near keys Page up / Page down. So an optimal configuration for fast browsing through the graphs with only one hand.

To go beyond this request: you wrote "Ideally all the keyboard shortcuts could be user-adjustable". I can't agree more. It would be really awesome to be able to choose the keyboard shortcuts we want for all the commands in Fund Manager. And the ability to define a shortcut for commands that currently don't have one (like "Hidden Investments/Portfolio", "Select" and "Revert order" (in Investments menu), just to name a few). This is for sure an ambitious goal, but wow! The ability for each user to set the shortcuts (and date ranges) for its personal needs would bring a lot of efficiency gain with the program!

#2 - "Dual Y-Axis"
(viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4230)

This tool is necessary in order to study the correlation between investments of different types (that is, different resolution scales). For example to study the correlation between an exchange rate and an index, a bond yield and an index, a bond yield and an exchange rate...

#3 - "Seasonality features"
(viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4659)

Seasonality: a new dimension to analyze the markets / the investments. A new decision criteria available for investing.

So if I had to choose only three requests among all it would be these ones.
Now I guess I'm done with new requests/suggestions until the release of a new major version of Fund Manager.
This a just my personal requests, I'm sure Fund Manager will continue to evolve brilliantly anyway.

Thanks.
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:48 am

Hi Djobydjoba,

Thanks for all your ideas/feedback. It really does help, and customer feedback drives all the improvements we end up making.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby divinest » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:58 pm

First thanks for an awesome product

#1 Monthly performance report enhancement - either in the same report or a separate report to show the Monthly income dividends

#2 More ways to customize the investment transactions reports and add custom filters to be regex aware.

#3 Folders for custom reports saving (currently all the custom reports are saved as in long list)

#4 If possible to customize some of the global report settings to specific report type

#5 ability to create report in grid format such as monthly performance report.
divinest

Postby Djobydjoba » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:50 pm

Glad if other members write here their "top wishes".

Mark, just to clarify about my wishes above. This was really the idea: "if you had to make only 3 wishes, just 3 and no more". So I choose here 3 "heavy" requests that would really add the most to my personal work processes with Fund Manager.

But in fact, I don't expect all this 3 wishes to be in the next major version (well, if they could...) And I want to say that all the other ideas/suggestions/requests I have made these last months in the forum would be useful / very useful to me, and somewhat expected. This clarification in order to not bring down these other requests. Of course, you will do the choices, I know that!

Now I let the topic to other members.
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:15 pm

Hi divinest and Djobydjoba,

Thanks again for the ideas and feedback. We always do our best to get as many requests added, but we do have to prioritize. Having feedback is helpful.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby robert1 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:36 pm

I'm not as sophisticated as the other posters, but I would like to be able to create custom time frames for all the 6 time periods in the returns columns in the custom reports. It appears to make you default to 3 mo., 6 mo. and 1 yr. even though I would like to be able to create custom periods after a certain amount of custom choices.

THANKS Mark for all your help over all the years!! :)
robert1

Postby Mark » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:12 am

Hi robert1,

Okay, thanks for the feedback. I believe you are talking about the ROI and TWR yield terms you can add to a Custom report? You can use the "Between" version and then set the date range to whatever you want. This may not be as flexible as you want though, as if you wanted multiple date ranges you'd have to see all your fields for multiple date ranges and set multiple date ranges on your report. If you are only interested in the ROI or TWR yields, you can use the ROI Yield or TWR Yield reports, and customize the yield terms under "Options / General Preferences... / Yields".
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby divinest » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:45 am

divinest wrote:First thanks for an awesome product

#1 Monthly performance report enhancement - either in the same report or a separate report to show the Monthly income dividends

#2 More ways to customize the investment transactions reports and add custom filters to be regex aware.

#3 Folders for custom reports saving (currently all the custom reports are saved as in long list)

#4 If possible to customize some of the global report settings to specific report type

#6 Ability to create %change when selecting more than 1 time period.

#7 Enhancement for better security (encrypt) for individual data files as the main portfolio files

#8 Option to better customize the performance reports, examples from standard mutual funds brokerage like Vanguard and Fidelity.
divinest

Postby Mark » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:26 pm

Thanks for the feedback divinest.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby aviator » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:07 pm

Hi Mark,

Aren't we about due for a new release?
aviator

Postby Mark » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:54 am

Hi aviator,

If you look at the revision history you can probably guess when the next major update will happen, based on past major releases. This is probably later this year.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby divinest » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:40 am

divinest wrote:
divinest wrote:First thanks for an awesome product

#7 Enhancement for better security (encrypt) for individual data files as the main portfolio files

#8 Option to better customize the performance reports, examples from standard mutual funds brokerage like Vanguard and Fidelity.

#9 Ability add more fields available in custom report to be made available in Graphs.
divinest

Postby 4Profits » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:35 am

Mark,
I have been with the product for at least 12 years and love what you have done to it. For your next release I would like to see the following
1. Allow to do a moving overlay on any graph set for example a 200 day MA on the cost/Price graph.
2. When doing a 100 or 200 DMA can it be possible to actually retrieve the value from the web and not use the stored data to calculate it.
3. show the DMA alerts on the graphs and set different colors for 100 and 200 DMA
4. be able to set different colors for different alerts ie trending wrong, warning and get the @#$% out now could be different alerts.
5. Template for adding new investments. automatically add alerts, trend lines - start now for say a year and enter a value or just a table to fill our
Jim
4Profits

Postby Mark » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:08 am

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the ideas/feedback.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby divinest » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:31 pm

First thanks for an awesome product

#9 Ability add more fields available in custom report to be made available in Graphs.

#10 Option to select YTD in the yields term dialog. Allowing to show ytd dynamically in one of 6 term period selections.
divinest

Next

Return to Feedback