Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Size of "In Portfoli"o Fields.

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby aviator » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:11 am

Hi Mark,

The size of the "In Portfolio" field is often displayed too small to be meaningful. Further, the properties box is not re-sizable which makes the information in the In-Portfolio field unusable.

Example: Click on a security's properties look at the Statistics tab. I have several investments in several portfolios, but only the first 2 display; the rest are truncated due to size limitations of the Investment Properties box. Can the display of that field be made bigger and/or the Investment Properties box be made resize-able?

One other useful point: Would be very helpful if FM told me *how many* portfolios this investment is in, not just it's location.

Thanks.
aviator

Postby Mark » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:08 am

Hi aviator,

Thanks for the feedback.

That "In Portfolio" will display how many portfolios the investment is in only if it is more than 1. It is at the beginning.

I do see that it doesn't vertically scroll, so we'll fix that. In the mean time, if there is more data than can be displayed, you can select all and then copy/paste into a text document to see the full data.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby aviator » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:01 am

Hi Mark,

As long as you're looking at this, may I make a couple of additional suggestions?

1) "In Portfolio", the way it's currently displayed, is hard to read. Too much information in paragraph style separated by /. My problem is further compounded by my portfolio descriptions leading with numbers, which is a handy way for me to sort the master portfolio. Would much prefer a list, with one portfolio per line.

2) Not sure why number of portfolios is buried in the "In Portfolio" text, but would prefer it to be listed with all other pertinent information like # of transfers, distributions, etc. Things like # of prices don't matter much to me. The number of portfolios I have a security in, does.

Thanks for listening.
aviator

Postby Mark » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:04 am

Hi aviator,

Okay, thanks for the feedback/ideas.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Feedback