Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Price Retrival Problem

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby 4Profits » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:07 am

Mark,
Ever since I started using the Crypto retrieval I am getting a mix up between two investments
the first is Newmont Mining symbol NEM - I am having it retrieved from the yahoo server which is my default. The second is a crypto investment NEM symbol NEM and it is being retrieved using quote server "Coin Market Cap". It seems one day both are retrieved with Yahoo and another day with Coin Market Cap. It took me a while to get the correlation but I finally saw Newmont going from the $30's to the $0.30's and it hit me that this was the same thing I noticed on the Crypto NEM chart.

Jim
4Profits

Postby 4Profits » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:11 am

Mark
One more thing. These are both in Sub portfolio's off of other Sub Portfolio off of the main Portfolio
Master Portfolio
Trust Sub Portfolio
E-Trade Sub Portfolio - Newmont mining NEM server Yahoo
Watch Sub Portfolio
Crypto Sub Portfolio - NEM - NEM server Coin Market Cap

Jim
4Profits

Postby 4Profits » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:16 am

In additional testing I noticed that when I do a manual price retrieval from the tool bar that the Newmont price is wrong. I think when the program does it's automatic retrieval the NEW price is wrong.
4Profits

Postby Mark » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:50 pm

Hi 4Profits,

Thanks, I see this same problem too. When FM updates prices, it updates all investments with the same symbol that are enabled for retrieve, and isn't checking what quote server the other investment is assigned to. We'll plan on changing this for the next release, so that it will only update enabled/matching symbols that are assigned to the same quote server. If you'd like a pre-release with this update, drop us an email through our website.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Feedback