Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Price Update Error / Locks Process (Beta)

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby hipped1 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:09 pm

I seem to receive errors following the price updates, usually the first update in the day. There is a dialog box that pops up with the affected securities listed. Once I hit ok, there are two more pop up questions to click through and then good to go.

The issue I have noticed is that if I'm not clicking through those messages, there are no additional price updates that will occur until those dialog boxes are closed. This can create a problem if I launch FM, hit update prices and then move on to some other tasks. The prices don't update and any price alerts that would be triggered by price movements later in the day would be missed until I click through the dialog boxes.

Any suggestions on how I should handle or settings that I may need to adjust? I don't recall this issue in the prior version.

Thanks in advance
Mark
hipped1

Postby Mark » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:32 pm

Hi Mark,

We increased the control over error reporting when retrieving prices. By default, any price request failure will generate an error message. You probably want to correct the issue, by either fixing the symbol, setting it to retrieve from a different server, or disabling price retrieve, depending on whatever is appropriate.

If you don't want to fix the issue, you can revert to the old amount of error messages by going to "Options / Internet Settings... / Advanced Options..." and set "Warn level on retrieve failure" to "Whole server" or "No warnings". The "Whole server" option is equivalent to how it worked in prior versions.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby hipped1 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:41 pm

Perfect, thanks!
hipped1

Return to Feedback