Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Increase the Fund Manager's user base

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby Djobydjoba » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:11 pm

Hi Mark,

I was wondering if increasing your customer base is a concern for you, or if you are quite happy with your current customer base.

I've been very lucky to find Fund Manager which brings me great value. I love this program, no equivalent. I see that in France it is practically unknown, at least on the forums. On some, private forums mainly, I've tried to convince people of giving it a close look, but with not much success I think. There are several reasons to that that I can explain if you want.

So a feeling we could have is that Fund Manager hasn't the visibility on the Internet it deserves. I wonder if this is a concern or if the current customer base is suited to maintain the development of the program in the years to come without necessarily having to gain more visibility.
Last edited by Djobydjoba on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:01 pm

Hi Djobydjoba

We do want to increase our customer base, and improve exposure for Fund Manager on the internet. Honestly we spend very little time/money marketing Fund Manager though. I guess it isn't as interesting to me, as the product development side of things. If you have ideas, I'd appreciate hearing them.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Ivan » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:16 am

Hi Mark,

Let me echo what Djobydjoba says. I too find the program to be an excellent and helpful product and appreciate the effort you make to both improve and support it. I have tried to promote it on the AAII forums and it has gained some recognition there. They used to (I don't know if they still do) have a marketing arrangement with Investment Account Manager. I used that product before switching to FM and there is no comparison, but AII runs an occasional comparison of portfolio management software which used to be clearly biased toward IAM. Their recent comparisons have been more balanced. I will try to be more diligent in monitoring the AII forums and either comment myself or let you know when it might be appropriate for you to have a say.

Ivan
Ivan

Postby Mark » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:21 am

Thanks Ivan, appreciate the help to spread the word...
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Djobydjoba » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:21 am

Hi Mark,

I've tried hard to convince several personal (non professional) french investors to try it. I think it was required too much effort for them to 1/ download the trial version & install it 2/ understand how it works. The program is unknown (sorry to have to say that but it's true, here in France), it's all in English, it's not free, it's not eye candy. Most people are not curious, not interested, not willing to make efforts to learn something new by themselves. Most people are just followers. The step is to high for them alone to dig into a program they know nothing about. Although the help and support are excellent, a lot of time and motivation are needed to well understand, configure and master Fund Manager because, as every flexible and powerful program, there are a lot of commands, options and ways for doing things.

Okay, now how to deal with this? It's very simple I think. And probably doesn't cost a lot of time / money for you. The idea is simply: showing people how we use Fund Manager and the benefits of using it. On videos because we all like to watch videos. So the idea is, when searching in Youtube, to have some videos of users that explain how they use Fund Manager. To show the program in action. "Hi guys, I'm using a cool program right now, I want to talk about it. How I've organized it, how I use it". To give ideas to people. With only one cool video on Youtube of a user that shows the great features of Fund Manager and the benefits he makes of them, this video would be the entry point for potential new users. Things must be shown to people in a practical way, in action, in Youtube.

Yes, videos tutorials has been made to show some features, but it's not from users themselves. Some users have to make some videos on Youtube about Fund Manager: tutorial, walk through, review, how they used it and why they like it, so new people can discover its great features in videos without having to install it.
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:45 am

Hi Djobydjoba,

You have good points. We have been increasing our number of tutorials that use YouTube, but I'm sure videos from end users would also be very helpful.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Feedback