Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Ability to Display Zero Shares By Report

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby ThomasK » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:55 am

Hi Mark,

Regarding Report Preferences > General > Do NOT Display Investments with Zero Share Balance

I'm wondering if it is possible in a future version to allow the above to be applied on a per-report basis rather than a global setting? An exception of some kind?

**Portfolio Editor does indeed always show Zero Share Investments that are NOT hidden.**

However, for my "Positions & Changes Report" it would be great to see the "zero shares" (non-hidden of course) also listed. However on my "Holdings" and "Performance This Week" reports I don't want to see the zero share investments.

Yes, it IS a lazy way to do it so I'm only recommending IFF it is an easy thing to do for you. Otherwise, I'm just creating the report and printing it out on a weekly basis.

Thanks
ThomasK

Postby Mark » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:53 am

Hi Thomas,

Understood, thanks for the feedback. One shortcut you can always use is to toggle on/off the "View / Hidden Investments/Portfolio" option. When you turn that on, everything is always shown, no matter what other options are set.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby ThomasK » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:16 pm

Thanks Mark.

From the help files, the video on Hide Sold Investments is great. I'll build out my reports with a hybrid hidden/zero shares as you show in your video.

For those of you reading this, this is a very useful feature set.

"See the Video Tutorial on Hiding Investments and Portfolios in Fund Manager"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bb7hSe ... e=youtu.be
ThomasK

Return to Feedback