Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Kudos for Previous Changes // Wish List for Future Versions

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby B2B_Investing » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:12 am

Hi Mark,

I just wanted to say thank you for some previous changes to FM.

- Adding Price Updates for TSP
- Adding alert type to emailed alerts
- Adding a notes field (memo) to emailed alerts

Here is my Wishlist of New Functionality / Enhancements. I am not sure how it stacks up against what others want, but here is a consolidated listing. I added references back to the forum posts where each are detailed. If they are valuable to you, please chime in so Mark can rank them accordingly in his development roadmap.)

High Priority/High Value (No good or easy workarounds inside or outside FM to achieve)

1. Be able to filter Graphs as Reports can be filtered (specifically by Investment Goal but a preference for all)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4055

2. Percent Change Over Time Alert (New alert type)
set an alert by specifying the parameters of % change (positive or negative) and the time period (in days or weeks). This is an alert type different from a moving average or stop-loss alert.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3574

3. Addition of geography as a data element on the same hierarchy as Asset Type, Sector, etc. Even just a simple % that can be allocated like asset type or sector would be a large step forward in managing international diversification. (I am not sure there is a source you can pull that data from but that would be nirvana!)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4036

Medium Priority / Good Value (Have workarounds, but would save time or centralize tasks to FM)

4. Rebalance report drill down maintains filter from the Rebalance report
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4034

5. Alerts Driven by Dates not Price
(i.e. to remind about actions for non-CUISP investments whose alerts cannot be driven off a price change. This could be applied to a CD renewal)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3479

Low Priority / Good Value (Have workarounds that solve the issue. Would be nice)

6. Add real-time Moving Average Trigger Price to the Alert Data-Entry Window
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3575

7. Enter Fixed Price Alerts as a Percentage
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3575

As always Mark, thanks for an excellent product and considering the above.

Jason
B2B_Investing

Postby B2B_Investing » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:24 am

Hi Mark,

One more I missed that is more of a 4.5

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3523

The ability to add a separate symbol for Asset / Sector updates. A practical application is for TSP account holders where Blackrock only provides the price updates. There is a index that can be used as proxy that can be used for the assets and sectors if there can be a separate symbol. otherwise there is tedious data entry to maintain accurate asset and sector updates to have (relatively) accurate data for sector and asset class rebalancing.

Thanks,

Jason
B2B_Investing

Postby Mark » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:22 am

Hi Jason,

Thanks much for the detailed feedback. This does help. On #6, I am not sure I follow the issue here? When entering a moving average alert, as you change the weeks, the "Current Moving Average" updates in real-time, and the "Current Price" is also displayed. Can you clarify this one?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby B2B_Investing » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:00 pm

Hi Mark,

I am pulling this from memory since I no longer have the Professional version installed (though I am looking for a reason to upgrade!) For the stop loss alert, as you entered a percentage it would calculate the price the alert would trigger at before you saved/activated the new alert. For the moving average, you would enter the percentage but (at the time) it would not calculate it in real-time. It was frustrating because (at the time) I would go to save/activate the alert and it would pop up a window telling me it would already have triggered. You may have already addressed this since it was a bit ago.

Jason
B2B_Investing

Postby Mark » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:53 pm

Hi Jason,

You can download the trial and experiment if you want. All the data is interchangeable between the versions.

On the moving average alerts, you don't enter a percentage. You enter the weeks. As you change the weeks in that dialog, it changes what the current moving average is for those number of weeks. The current price is also shown for comparison.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby B2B_Investing » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:09 am

Wow Mark, Apologies. You are correct. I am can only plead newborn sleep deprivation yielding an off tangent analysis. There is not a percentage in an MA calculation! The screen originally did not update the alert price in real-time before saving/activating the alert. (I used the analogy of the stop-loss since that report at the time did make the realtime change on the screen before saving/activating the alert) If the MA calculation does, then move this to the "thank you" column.

Jason
Last edited by B2B_Investing on Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
B2B_Investing

Postby rjdavid » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:52 pm

Would request the option to create a CSV file be moved to the dropdown list when working with reports. Many of the other options are listed there when in the report generation mode. It seems kind of awkward to have to go the file command to perform this operation.
rjdavid

Postby Mark » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:42 pm

Hi rjdavid,

Which dropdown list? Are you asking to move the report "File / Export to CSV..." menu command to a different menu?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby rjdavid » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:51 am

Wrong terminology, not dropdown, but popup. When in report generation, there is print/close report, copy text, etc. Would propose the include the csv option to this list. Thx.
rjdavid

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:53 am

Hi rjdavid,

Thanks for the clarification, I can see that being a good place to add this command.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby ljbc01 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:04 pm

rjdavid wrote:Wrong terminology, not dropdown, but popup. When in report generation, there is print/close report, copy text, etc. Would propose the include the csv option to this list. Thx.

Aha - I was going to request the addition of being able to create a CSV version of a report - now I find out you already have it.

Kind of supports the request to add it to the right-click context sensitive list.

Count me in - thanks - Lloyd
ljbc01

Return to Feedback