Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Attach files

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby mahe79 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:50 am

I would like to attach files in Fund Manager, such as PDF or Excel files. The topic was noted in 2011 http://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2048.

Back then, the wish was "the ability to attach a PDF file to a transaction would be extremely useful for archiving broker statements."

I would like to expand the wish to also include investments and/or portfolios as well, it would be very useful to attach a file to an investment or a portfolio. Is there a chance that this feature will appear in the future?
mahe79

Postby Mark » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:06 pm

Hi mahe79,

Okay, thanks for the feedback. We can consider this for a future update. We weigh many factors when deciding which new features to add, so I cannot promise that we will add this feature, but there is a chance.

You may be able use a related solution to accomplish what you're looking for. If you save your desired files into a certain folder, you can then place links/references to a particular filename in each investment. You can use the "Notes" feature to add as many notes to an investment as you want. You can also add unlimited notes in each sub-portfolio. You could add a reference in there something like:

file://<path on my drive>/confirmation_notice.pdf

or something like that.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Feedback